SEWING JOB OFFER – keep your independence and work as much as it suits you.
Looking for sewing agents in the following areas of expertise:
- clothing alterations
- made to measure curtains, blinds and soft furnishings
- teaching of sewing / knitting or other related crafts
You will be self-employed, working from home (or your premises) at your chosen times plus you get the following:
- own website and facebook page
- Full business training and supporting materials
- Pricelist, marketing materials
- No direct competition via SEWANSOME, you will be the only 1 in your expertise within 10 miles radius. All income you make is yours.
- Trade price for materials and haberdashery
What you need:
- Expert knowledge in your area
- Your own necessary equipment
- Take your own responsibilities
- A smile and the will to make this work for you
What is the cost?
- Initial payment of £450 (special offer until September; will be £650 after that) to set you up (this includes a website, your own email address, business cards and training) *
- Monthly £50 for ongoing support (this includes 1 quarterly visit), no other hidden fees**
Your investment before starting:
Suitable sewing machine and cutting table (size and type of machine depends on your activity – I will advise where necessary) Overlocker and coverstich machines are advisable if doing alterations.
You can make between £1000-£3000 per month; it depends on how much time you put into it and how quickly you gain a good reputation.
*website will be part of sewansome brand, therefore under sewing website – for example – by location www.sewansome.co.uk/locations/exeter and you also get your own facebook page (same principle).
**Payment will be made by debit for £50 for the term of 12 months, after that rolling on monthly.
Why should I choose this option?
Starting your own sewing business can be expensive and daunting. To build a website takes a lot of time and can be expensive. To optimise for Google and other search engines, takes a long time and you may never be successful with this aspect.
Building a reputation to get that word-of-mouth business coming is also a lengthy process. I am giving you the option to quickly set up with a full support to get you off the ground literally straight away. All you need is the skill, will and a sewing machine.
What geographical areas are you looking at hiring?
Anywhere really. Get in touch to discuss options. In Plymouth, there is space for dressmaking and clothing alterations.
Sewansome is well established sewing business in Plymouth (since 2012). It has high ranking website in the area, with lot of good online feedback (on website, Yell, Google and Facebook). Our Facebook page is also very popular and generates work.
A little bit about me:
My name is Magdalena Mrvova and I am originally from Slovakia. I was lucky to be born at a time when practical skills were passed on from mothers to daughters, and I started to learn handcrafts from a very early age. Coming from a creative and engineering background, I am naturally creative and explorative.
I started being self-employed in 2006 when I started photography and offer this service to businesses. You can view this venture here: www.studiomag.co.uk This knowledge coupled with marketing and design experience was a huge asset when I decided to set up SEWANSOME.
At college, I studied fashion design alongside the history of art, coupled with business management, marketing and languages.
I am now fully qualified in teaching adults but also in curtain making and soft furnishings.